About Me

My photo
I am travelling this world in my RV with my husband George and my two Collie Kids. Together we are looking for the next adventure.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Great Escape

Tuesday July 13, 2010

Today we are planning our great escape. Almost all the information I have sent away for has arrived. Oh yea I joined every RV club I could find. Yes-sir-eee, it's no more fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl.

I will now know every stop and every campground on the way to where ever it is we are going. I do have to laugh at the poor mail lady, oh the look on her face when I was grabbing at her mail bag to see if any of the mail inside was for me. I don't think she often gets that reaction when she brings the mail around.

Oh and sure enough it was almost all for me. I squealed as I grabbed it from her hands. I was so excited because I am sure that now we will no longer be out there alone, tired, hungry, and looking for that campground to pull into for the night.

You know the one I'm talking about, the one we can never find. The one we just can never find because we didn't look for it ahead of time.

Well with all my new information, books, and maps I'm sure this will never happen again. I received a rather large package from Escapee's it came complete with membership cards and stickers and books and so much more.




Oh then there was another large package from Passport America. It too has all the information I will ever need. More membership cards more books, more stickers for the RV, wow never thought of having stickers for the RV before. Humm I guess it must help or they wouldn't send them to me right?



I also received information on the the three woodall's directories I ordered.
Oh yea and I can't forget the trailer life directory I ordered, because hell a gal can never have too many directories, right?
Then last but not least there was the good ol' good Sam's Club. Well you get the picture.
I now know for sure I will never have to sit through another lecture of how I don't know how to read a map, and how important it is for me to learn. I will never again have to fantasize opening the truck door and just placing my foot just right ...
Well anyway now as I sit this morning with my freshly brewed hot coffee just steaming from the cup, I look at all of my new information that is now spewed all over our RV floor. I turn to look at George who has been up since about 6:00a.m. this morning, and the dear did make the coffee.
However yes it was him who spread all this wealth of information all over the place. As I'm watching him plan our "Great Escape" I can't believe what I am actually seeing! I do have to give my blond head a good shake.
All the money and time it took me to research all this information, and he is using map quest. That's right map quest! Can't help but wonder what campground he will find on map quest.
Oh can't wait till we are out there alone, tired, hungry and looking for that campground to pull into and he asks me "Do you see anything dear?" I can then turn to him and say I don't know DEAR I can't read a map. Maybe you should check your computer.
We are making plans to attend the International Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque New Mexico. I hear it is spectacular. It will be held October 2nd to the 9th. This means we will have to leave our KOA jobs a few weeks earlier than planned. Well that's just fine with me.
I was working last night until 7:30. I was alone in the office. A man opens the door walks in with his hand in the side of his shirt, approaches the desk I was sitting behind and in his words exactly says to me " Hello young lady I came to take your money" Well he must have seen the frightened look on my face. I thought he was robbing me! I couldn't even breath for a minute or two..I sat frozen in my chair. Then the dumb ass says to me "Oh don't you lend money here?"
All I could think was what the hell kind of idiot is this? He scared the ----out of me. Geez Louise he is so lucky I didn't have a gun of my own under the desk. Anyway all he wanted was to look around the campground for future camping. I gave him a map of the park, told him I didn't know how to read it and shoved him through the door as fast as I could.
So although when I leave here I will miss all the wonderful friends I met, it just might be nice to move on.














3 comments: