About Me

My photo
I am travelling this world in my RV with my husband George and my two Collie Kids. Together we are looking for the next adventure.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time is flying

Friday July 16, 2010

I am writing this post in Microsoft Word and I'm going to have to post it when we get our Internet back up and running. The campground Internet was struck by lightning today and it has knocked everything out.

Time is flying;
I don’t know about you, but time is just flying by for me. I just can’t believe how fast it is going. I had two days off and boom they were gone.

Our first day off I spent just relaxing and trying to figure out what route we will take when we go to the balloon fiesta. I couldn’t believe how fast the day went. I looked at the clock and it was 9:00am. I thought ohhh I should get dressed soon. Next I looked at the clock and it was 9:00 pm and I was thinking ohhh I should get my pj’s on and get ready for bed soon.

I think the world is turning faster or something. That must be what is happening. I went to work this morning for 4hrs. I felt like I just opened the office and it was time to leave. When Elizabeth and Bobbie came walking through the door I thought they came in to get something. I looked up at the clock and it was 1:00pm. Wow where did this morning go?

I know I just said how time is going far too fast, and I certainly am not wishing summer away. However I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures and lower humidity.

There are still places in this area that we have not gone to see, time went so fast and then the hot and humid weather set in.

When we arrived here on the 27th of March the weather was perfect. It was in the high 70’s beautifully warm, no humidity. The Month of May had some hot temperatures and some humidity but not all that bad. But then came June with very high temperatures and higher humidity. It was one of the hottest June’s in history. It had broken the record for having the most days in the 90’s, and July so far has been just as hot.

We stay in the park most of the time where it is cool. The swimming pool and the air conditioner have become our best friends.

I still would like to visit Greenville. I want to take the old trolley through the downtown streets. Visit all the shops, and have lunch outdoors on one of the beautiful restaurant patios. But I just can’t go any where in this heat. It is so humid it is actually hard to breath.

Before I leave here I am going to see Lake Lure. I don’t care if I have to borrow an oxygen mask to breath in this weather. Lake Lure is where Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray filmed the movie Dirty Dancing. I was so in Love with Patrick Swayze, just the sight of him on that big silver screen sends shivers down my spine. I remember watching his last interview with Barbara Walters. What a tragic ending to such a wonderful and talented man.

No comments:

Post a Comment